Clean & healthy cookies with apple slices and almond butter👌❤️
1/2 mashed banana, 1/3 cup of oats, a sprinkle of cinnamon and top with an almond
Bake for 15 minutes at 350
Soo good! Enjoy 💃
time to go vegan!
When it comes to healthy food, back to school means one thing: packing lunches and, for me at least, that means mason-jar-meals! These absolutely delicious, fresh veggie packed, nutrient dense jars are the perfect meals to pack up ahead of time for grab and go convenience in the morning. They store well and actually get better as they sit and the flavors mingle (tip: if you’re packing ahead of time skip the pretty layers and mix everything in a bowl so the flavors really get a chance to come together). The salads will last 4-5 days in the fridge.
These are also excellent for college dorms. They require minimal cooking, minimal prep space, and are easy to store in a small refrigerator. You can take them to the quad on a nice day, the library for a long night, or even just enjoy in your room when the caf is just too far away haha!
All of these salads are both vegan and gluten free. Each of these rainbow salads calls for certain recipes (salsa, hummus, etc.) so I put them in the post too! The nutrition was calculated using these recipes but you can absolutely swap them for your favorites!
How to make the transition to veganism!
I had wanted to make the transition to veganism for so long but I never knew where to start. I began as a vegetarian for 4 years and then made the switch to veganism! I have compiled a list of things to help YOU make the transition (: Even if you have never considered this I definitely think you should try it out for a few days or a week and just see what you think!
I, like many others, used to think that going vegan would limit me so much to what I could and couldn’t eat! I was wrong- veganism has expanded my food range so much and I have begun to try things that I had never even heard of before! Making this transition has allowed me to try so many new recipes and ways of cooking things! I have some wonderful recipes I cook frequently now and am working on posting them all on my blog (:
Some useful resources that helped me:
- The book Vegan for Life was a HUGE help! It helped me to learn so much more about nutrients and how to make sure I am eating healthy, eating enough, all the while eating vegan ! This is a must read if you are making the transition!
- Vegankit helped me when I started too! It helped me to learn about how to live a vegan lifestyle- including foods, products, clothes, and more!
- Earthlings- I never finished it but it is a documentary about animal cruelty and it is just absolutely heartbreaking! I have been told by many that it makes people want to go vegan!
- From excuse-itarian to vegan! This video discusses a lot of common/important topics that are relevant when making the transition! You should defintiely watch it!
- Pinterest ! I found it my favorite source for finding recipes! They are free and easy and there are a million to choose from! If you check out my pinterest (linked above) I have a bunch of recipes under my vegan board that I have made & loved!
- Vitamin B12- of all supplements this is the one you need! So make sure you are taking it :D
Some other things to keep in mind when making the transition:
- Choose around 10 easy & basic recipes that you can fall back on! Many families stick to the same recipes throughout throughout their weeks and rotate them and if you have 10 to rotate through then you will be set!
- Let people know you are vegan before you visit or come prepared! Many people are willing to work with you and help you to meet your dietary needs but you should let them know in advance so they will be prepared!
- Prepare in advance. Whether you are traveling or just going out to eat it helps to pack snacks along or see where you are going and check if they have vegan options!
- When you go out to eat the best thing to do is ask the waiter what options are available or ask for the specifics of a certain item on the menu!
- Keep food ready in your pantry/fridge! If you have food ready to eat then when you are hungry you won’t be tempted to eat anything that is not vegan!
- Remember your reasons for doing this! Whether you are motivated for your health or to help the animals, keep it in mind so you do not give up!
- Make a vegan friend! There are many vegans on tumblr and sometimes it just helps to be able to talk to someone that you have veganism in common with! You can share ideas, tips, recipes, etc!
- Know your stuff! Don’t be pushy when talking to others about veganism but be able to stand your ground! Never be a rude vegan (because they already have a bad rep) but don’t let non-vegans push you around and insult your beliefs either !
I hope this helps everyone and if you need more info I will do my best to help you! These are just some general tips and I would be happy to provide more info to anyone and if anyone is interested in going vegan (or vegetarian) please let me know! It is such a wonderful lifestyle! :D
Love “Da Man Wit the Chips” but Jameila White is the new “Protest MVP.” #staywoke #trill